Spring is the season for home improvement projects—and you can probably see that in your very own neighborhood!
It’s the time of year when homeowners upgrade their gardens, unleash their savings on bathroom and kitchen upgrades, and start digging that pool they’ve always wanted.
Of course, each homeowner has a unique wish-list of home improvement projects that will turn their house into the castle of their dreams. But there are also certain home improvement projects that really pay off in re-sale value.
- A new garage door. That might not be your number one home improvement priority, but according to Remodeling Magazine, it is number one on the list of best value home projects. In fact, it recoups more than 98% of installation costs.
- New windows. They’re a great idea cosmetically, to make more efficient use of your heating and cooling system, and perhaps even for improved security.
- A fresh coat of paint. You can’t overestimate the power of curb appeal on a homebuyer—and a new paint job can go a long way toward making your home look fresh and clean. And consider your color carefully: according to Zillow, painting your home light shades of blue correlated to an average increase in home value of more than $5000.
- Hardwood floors. Blame it on HGTV if you like, butt the fact is, home shoppers love hardwood floors—and for good reason: they are very durable. Installation may be more expensive than it is for carpet—but it will pay off in the long run. And the National Association of Realtors estimates that homeowners will recoup more than 90% of their costs if they choose to install hardwood floors.
- Insulation. Professionally installed installation could save you hundreds on your electric bill—and be a big selling point for homebuyers.
- Landscape. Bob Vila says that good landscape design can increase your home’s value up to 20%--and hey, it’s the right season for it! So give some thought to the lawn, trees, bushes, and hardscaping of your front and back yards.
For more than 25 years, Beall Financial and Insurance Services, Inc., has been helping corporations and individuals protect their most important assets. The agency’s client base covers a spectrum of niche businesses, such as craft breweries, that require specialized insurance packages and knowledge. With California offices in Redlands and Newport Beach, Beall Financial and Insurance Services serves clients nationwide.