The temperatures are still high, but that doesn’t change the fact that Sept. 23 is the first day of autumn!
The change of seasons is a great time to tackle chores and home maintenance tasks to make sure your home is protected through the coming months. So as you enjoy your pumpkin spice latte, give some thought to these opportunities to show your home some love:
- Clean your rain gutters. If they’re looking their age, consider replacing them. Remember, these workhorses drain thousands of gallons from your roof each year.
- Take a hard look at your trees and shrubs. Do they need thinning or trimming before the cold arrives?
- Inspect your home to see if it needs any exterior repairs. Check roof, siding, and foundation. Also take a look at walkways, railings, stairs, and the driveway. Make any necessary repairs before chilly temperatures and rainfall turn small problems into big ones.
- Check your home for drafts. Close a door or window on a strip of paper. If the paper slides easily, your weatherstripping needs to be upgraded!
- When’s the last time you replaced the batteries in your smoke or carbon monoxide detectors, or checked the expiration date on your fire extinguisher? Have you ever had your home tested for radon?
- Schedule a chimney cleaning and heating system maintenance.
Your home protects you from the elements—now it’s your turn to protect your home!
For more than 25 years, Beall Financial and Insurance Services, Inc., has been helping corporations and individuals protect their most important assets. The agency’s client base covers a spectrum of niche businesses, such as craft breweries, that require specialized insurance packages and knowledge. With California offices in Redlands and Newport Beach, Beall Financial and Insurance Services serves clients nationwide.